Monday, August 14, 2006

4 months old

Piers turns 4 months old this week. I managed to get a few great photos today. He can be so cute when he is happy, but man can he get pissed off! Hopefully the tide will turn a little now that we are passing the 4 month mark.

For my family that are reading: more July photos here and here.



I've been knitting away on my Elfine socks. I finally took some progress photos. I'm almost finished with the first one.

Here's an up close shot of the lace.


I've also been working on another sweater for Piers. I needed a boring stockinette project to work on with my lace socks. Man, I forgot how nice it is to knit with worsted weight wool on 7s vs. lace weight on 1s! I literally went, "Aahh" when I started knitting. I'm using the Mission Falls 1824 wool I got for 50% off at a LYS closing sale this spring. I was going to make the 2T/3T size but cast on for the next larger size by mistake. Oops! It's ok though considering how long it takes me to finish things these days. This one is a fast knit so I think I'll be finished in a few months.

Sent out my August birthday swap last week. Can't wait to see what my pal is sending me this week!!

I've been busy this month going on field trips with Helen's preschool. We took the bus and walked out onto I-90 to watch the Blue Angels. Last week we went to Sunset Bowl. This week we are going to take 3 buses (crazy I know!) to Edmonds and ride the train to Seattle. Fun!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

Your Elfine socks are beautiful!

Oh yeah. That's what everyone says, the first four months are the worst. Not. ;) Should I mention the stereotype Terrible Twos?

But with a face like that, how could he be bad? He's adorable.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Happy Birthday!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Teri.p said...

Your Elfine lace socks are pretty; Piers is gorgeous!!!

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, happy birthday Piers!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home