Tuesday, July 04, 2006

August Birthday Swap

I joined the August Birthday Swap. Here is my questionaire for my swapper:

What day is your birthday?

August 17th

Are you crafty?

Yeah kind of. I used to be more crafty, but since I started knitting that's pretty much my only craft these days. With two young kids it's all I have time for!

Would you enjoy things like: Buttons, ribbons and embellishments?

Mmmm...probably not.

Do you dye your own wool?

Nope, haven't tried it yet. 2 1/2 year old and dye...don't want to go there. However, I love yarns that others have handdyed.

Do you like to scrapbook or make homemade cards?

Used to make cards, not anymore - gave all my stamping stuff away to make room for yarn! Tried scrapbooking and got WAY too stressed out by it.

What small project would you be interested in making? Socks, mittens, scarf, hat, baby items, wash cloths, doilies, shrugs etc

I'm kind of on a sock kick at the moment (or at least purchased some sock yarn, but only started on one pair so far) since having a baby in April and I haven't lost much weight yet. Socks are what fit right now! I'm into trying a shrug. I'd really like to knit Birch from Rowan.

What are your favorite scents?

Lavendar and Chammomile

Do you like stationary and cards?

Kind of, but don't write as much as I should.

Do you like hand lotions or soaps?

Yes, especially lavendar and chammomile scented. Since we bought our house with a hot tub, I don't take many baths though so don't use bath products.

Do you like to sew or embroider items?

I like to sew, just hard to find the time. I recently got the fabric and pattern for a skirt I want to make, but finding time to cut it out has been hard.

Do you like beads?

I like them, but don't do anything with them.

What kind of mail-able snacks do you like to eat?

Anything chocolate of course, but hard to mail in the heat of summer.

Do you like to wear costume jewelry? Necklace, earrings, bracelets etc.

Not really.

Do you like to play cards or board games?

Not really.

What are your favorite colors of yarn?

Brown, green, blue, red...in order of most likeable.

Do you like solid, variegated, heathers, or self stripping yarns?

Don't dig the heathers too much. Some variegated is ok, but I gravitate toward solids mostly. I'd love to try some self stripping yarn for socks.

Do you like kitchen magnets or key rings?

umm...maybe kitchen magnets.

Do you like picture frames?

Yes, but kind of have particular taste in this area.

Do you like to make/or use stitch markers?

Don't make them. Use them and like to use hand made ones, but only have two.

Do you collect anything?

Yarn

Do you have any allergies? Smoke, food, fiber, pets, etc..

Nope

Do you have any hobbies?

Kids and knitting.

Do you like scented or unscented candles?

unscented

Are you a fiber snob?

Not really, but I don't really like 100% acrylic yarn.

1 Comments:

Blogger jillian said...

Check, check, check!! Hmmm, wheels are turning!!

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home