Friday, July 21, 2006

$3.74

While looking for some new Colorwonder Markers (greatest invention ever! close second - Mr. Clean Magic Easer) for Helen at Target yesterday morning, I came across this learn to knit kit for a summer halter. You may be thinking, "But you already know how to knit." Yeah, but this thing was marked down to $3.74. Here's the inside

Even though I'm going to throw out everthing else (the needles are super cheapy), at that price the yarn is a steal! It comes with 245 yards of this natural cotton stuff. I thought I'd try out some dying and knit up this or this for Miss Helen.

Let's see, what have we been doing the last few weeks....ummm...We had Peter's Uncle and Aunt from Santa Cruz come for a visit. They brought along their kids, Nellie and Leon. We went and visited with Peter's cousin Susannah and her daughter Lilly. So Helen and Piers got to hang out with their cousins. We took a trip to the Ballard Locks (less than a mile from our house, but haven't been there since I was a kid!) and the Woodland Park Zoo. Nellie took photos with my camera - posted here. Just before the battery died I snapped this last photo of all of them.

Helen had a great time with them and even spent the night out at Susannah's by herself!

As for knitting, I've been working on my Elfine socks, but haven't snapped an in progress photo yet. I finally went to SnB at Cupcake Royale (so bummed they were all out of cupcakes by the time I got there! WTF? how can that be?! You sell cupcakes!!) the other night and Suzy helped me out with my short row heels! She always comes to my rescue! I'll post a photo soon....Piers is calling me....

2 Comments:

Blogger jillian said...

That's a sweet little halter pattern! And yeah - a great deal!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

I'm sorry I missed you on Wednesday. I hope you'll be coming again soon.

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home